* S.P. Srivastava Basic Research award (1st Prize), for the paper presented at U.P. Chapter of A.S.I., Allahabad, 1979 on Post operative intra peritoneal adhesions and their prevention-an experimental study.
* Sponsorship of U.P. Chapter to attend A.S.I. conference Patna, Dec, 1981
* Traveling fellowship of oncology section of A.S.I. 1982
* Was appointed Judge for National Level Meet at civil Defense competitions 1986.
* Chairman (inauguration committee) in Surgery Update, Platinum Jubilee celebrations of Dept. Surgery, KGMC, Lucknow, 1986.
* Invited by Professor J.C.V. Leyong of Hong Kong University, Hong Kong, for a new Operative approach in Spinal Deformities using rib graft in anterior spinal fusions in Koch's spine.1987
* President Lion's East Club,Lucknow 1992-93.
* Chairperson for Dr.B.K.Garg Best Paper Award, UP Chapter ASI,Allahabad, 1993
* Ist Mehrotra-Amrita Kohali Oration on Surgery In Pulmonary Tuberculosis at IMA Moradabad on 29 May,'93.
* Dr. A.K. Mehrotra Memorial Guest Lecture U.P.Chapter of A.S.I. on Changing Trends of surgery in Empyema thoraces at U.P.Chapter of A.S.I. conference Gorakhpur, 1995.
* Begum Hazrat Mahal Quomi Ekta Award by Bhartiya Awam Society. Award was handed over by Governor UP HE Mr.Moti Lal Vora, 1995.
* Awarded DEVENDRA MISRA TROPHY for outstanding contributions in providing Surgical care for critical patients of Diabetes Mellitus, by Uttar Pradesh Madhumeh Association, On World Diabetes Day, June 27,1995
* Olympian Doctor Award (1996), Zydus International Group.
* North Zone Gold medal and Oration on "What is new in Chronic empyema thoraces?" Gorakhpur Nov.1996
* Awarded by the Central Government of India for the writing original book on Tobacco Hazards entitled * Rakh Ke Dher Par* at New Delhi, (26.3.'97).
* Anushansa Award for the book Rakh Ke Dher Par, By Hindi Sansthan of U.P. (1997), for writing medical book in Hindi.
* Dr. S.C. Mishra Memorial Oration on "Innovations in Therapeutic Strategies in Chronic Empyema Thoracis" at A.S.I. UP Chapter, Allahabad, 23-25 Oct.,'98
* Guest Lecture on "Management Of Chronic Empyema Thoracis" and "Operative demonstration of Thoracotomy Under Local Anesthesia" at Annual conference of Gujarat chapter of ASI, Gujasicon, at Ahmdabad, Gujarat on 29 NOV.1998
* Guest Lecture on "Management Of Chest Injuries * at the * Surgery through 20th century" National Surgical Update, Command Hospital, Lucknow.
* Guest Lecture on "Thyroidectomy under Local anaesthesia" in Rural section of ASI, Annual conference of ASI, MADURAI, Dec.29, 1999
* Guest lecture on "Misuse of condoms" in first world conference on Reproductive & Sexual health, Condoms and Cabbages at Rose gardens, BANGKOK, THAILAND, NOV.13-18, 1999.
* Guest Lecture on "Innovations in Empyema thoraces" at International Conference on Lung Health "EAST MEETS WEST", Bangkok, Thailand January 15-20, 2000.
* Guest Lecture "Taming The Tobacco Tiger" at 2nd Annual World Meet Of International Coalition Against Tobacco (ICAT), an ancillary meet of 11th World Conference on Tobacco or Health, Chicago, USA, August 9, 2000.
* Ash Thailand annual Oration on "Tobacco Control in India - How farce, how true", at Thailand's National Convention against Tobacco organized by ASH Thailand (Action on Smoking or Health), Bangkok, Thailand January 21, 2000.
* International Conference of American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP) held in San Francisco USA from October 23-27, 2000 where my paper on Empyema Thoraces was adjudged best and awarded to be included in CME of next year's ACCP Conference. This paper was also abstracted in International Journal CHEST.
* Chairman ICAT (INTERNATIONAL COALITION AGAINST TOBACCO) 2000.
* Guest Lecture On Tobacco Hazards And How To Quit Successfully? At annual function of the department of Prohibition and Excise on June 26, 2000
* Pradesh Samman (State Honour) for the year 2000 Awarded by State Prohibition Ministry's in acknowledgement of work against tobacco, on June 26, 2000 (International day Against Illicit Trafficking and Drug Abuse).
* Guest Lecture on "Critical Lung Functions In Chronic Empyema Thoraces-Still There Is Hope" at Sharjah's Millennium Surgical Conference, UAE - November 2000
* Visiting Professor to American Hospital, Dubai on November 15-16, 2000.
* Human Services Award at Lions International Convention of Lions for the year 2000.
* PRESIDENT OF DRAMMATIC ASSOCIATION of King George Medical University, Lucknow 2001-Organized annual mega programs.
* Guest Lecture on 'Changing Scenario in Management of Chronic Empyema Thoracis', National Heart Institute, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2001.
* Establishment of Diabetic foot clinic by Z.metalko Nov, ZAGREB, 2001
* Birbal Sahni Coveted award of Hindi Sansthan for writing medical book entitled "Manavta Ka Abhishap- Tapedic" in Hindi-2002
* Guest lecture on Management of CVI., Foundation day celebration, Medical college, Nepalganj, NEPAL, 20 Nov. 2002
* Nominated for International Peace Award 2003 by United Nations Cultural Council, USA.
* Chief coordinator in children's parliament on Tobacco control at HRIDAY-SHAN, Siri Forte auditorium, New Delhi 19-23 October , 2003
* Invited to attend 15th International AIDS Conference, 11-16 July, Bangkok, Thailand, 2004
* Fellowship awarded by UICC to attend WCCO 2004 conference at Dublin-Ireland, Nov.2004
* Chairperson- Concept of Rural Surgery, oration delivered by Dr. D.P.S. Toor, 11-14 November 2005 UP Chapter of ASI 2005
* Chairperson Open Vs Laparoscopic surgery- UP Chapter of ASI ,11-14 November 2005 Aligardh.
* Guest lecture in T.P.Banerjee Symposium for 2005 on "Recent considerations in management of Diabetic foot" . 11-14 November 2005 UP Chapter of ASI, Aligardh.
* Guest lecture on Emerging concepts in clinical Surgery: Newer horizons & hopes in management of diabetic foot. 26 December 2005 ASI annual conference, Jaipur.
* Chaired three sessions at ASI conference at Jaipur.
* SRNT Scholarship to participate and present a paper in SRNT conference at Prague-Czech, March 2005
* Invited to attend annual meeting of WHO for Tobacco cessation clinics at Goa September 2005.
* Appointed chief coordinator, IGNOU for CRS program at KGMU, Lucknow.
* Editorial Advisor for the first Govt. approved anti tobacco publication-* Tobacco Kills*
* INTERNATIONAL AWARD BY WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION (WHO) Director-General IN TOBACCO CONTROL 2005.
* Guest lecture on :Diabetic Foot-Newer Strategies of Management, UP Chapter of ASI conference at MLN Medical College,3-5 November 6, 2006, Allahabad
* Chaired inaugural Guest lecture of UP Chapter of ASI annual conference : "LASERS IN SURGERY" by Dr. H.S. Shukla at MLN Medical College, Allahabad, 3-5 November 6, 2006
* Chairman ASICON 2006 CME SESSION on WHAT IS NEW IN CERVICAL LYMPHADENOPATHY, 26 December 26,2006 Varanasi
* Chaired 2 free paper sessions at UP Chapter of ASI conference at Allahabad.
* Chaired telemedicine operative session on Breast cancer conference SGPGI, 2006
* Coordinator Large number of operating workshops at several places.
* Guest lecture at VASCULOCON 2007 at BHU Varanasi on "ROLE OF VASCULAR SURGERY IN DIABETIC FOOT"
* Convenor T.P. Banerji symposium at BHU Varanasi on EMPYEMA THORACES November 2007.
* Guest lecture on Modern concept of management of Fissure in ano -Kanpur July, 08
* Guest lecture on Modern concept of management of Fissure in ano , September 2008, Jhansi
* Convenor and Chaired sessions in SELSI in LAPAROSCOPIC OPERATIVE WORKSHOP , 17-18 October 2008, Agra .
* Chaired session at SIPS Burn meeting 23.10.08.
* Guest lecture on "NUTRITIONAL CONSIDERATIONS IN BURN" at SIPS 24 October 2008.
* Guest lecture on Fissure in ano-Management strategies November01, 2008 Varanasi.
* Guest lecture on Diabetic foot- A challenge for treatment November 02 , 2008 BHU, Varanasi.
* Awarded Certificate of ATLS (Advanced Trauma Life Support) from Royal College of Surgeons - 2008 - Birmingham, UK.
* BEST EMINENT SURGICAL TEACHER AWARD OF UP CHAPTER OF ASI, 2008
* Large number of orations and lectures at several medical colleges in India in 2009.
* Guest lecture TRENDS OF SURGERY IN EMPYEMA THORACES - Singapore college of Surgeons, Singapore, 8 JUNE 2009-07-03
* Guest lecture DG HAL AND RAR IN HAEMORRHOIDS-CAN IT WIPE OFF SURGERY? MALAYA MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia JUNE 5, 2009
* Guest lecture NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTATION IN CHRONIC SUPPURATIVE DISORDERS OF CHEST 3-6 JUNE AT PENSA 2009 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
* Guest lecture and panel discussion on SSI and its prevention at directorate of medical education auditorium, Lucknow.
* Expert Member, panel discussion on SSI with Prof. Edminston from USA, Jaipur, 13 July 2009
* Guest lecture on "Body, Mind and Medicine" at Gyan Sarovar, Shanti Van, Mount Abu 26-30 July 2009.
* Chief Guest at annual debate competition at FODA meet at St. Dominic Savio College, Lucknow 31 july 2009.
* Obesity in children - symposium at RLB College, sector 14, on August 05, 2009, LUCKNOW.
* Guest Lecture at PSA Meeting at New Delhi as Special invitee formulating National Policies on Sterilization, Vigyan Bhavan New Delhi 2009
* Tobacco control review meeting, WHO Meeting, at Patel Chest Institute, Delhi, 28-29 October. 09
* National consultant's meeting at VP Chest institute for establishing of a manual on Tobacco control , New Delhi, 29-30 October 09
* SELSI Annual conference-- chaired sessions and Guest lecture on DGHAL AND RAR in Haemorrhoids, Agra, 23-24 October , 2009
* Organizing chairman UP Chapter of ASI Annual conference (UPASICON 2009) at Lucknow, 5-7 November, 09
* Delivered SN MATHUR MEMORIAL ORATION on A JOURNEY OF PILES TO SMILES at UP Chapter of ASI Annual conference, Lucknow, 7 November 09
* Delivered guest lecture on Trauma- Overview at TP Bannerji symposium of UP Chapter of ASI, Lucknow, on 8 November 09
* Chaired session on Primaryy Hyperparathyroidism at SGPGI, Lucknow, 13 November, 09
* Guest lecture at launching ceremony on ACUTE ABDOMEN 14 November, Lucknow, 2009
* Awarded the Saraswat Samman 2010 on Republic Day eve, in recognition of lifetime contribution to Surgery
* Awarded the Amritlal Nagar Samman 2010 on 2nd March 2010, in recognition of lifetime contribution to healthcare services
* Awarded Honorary FRCSI by Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland (July 2010)
* Awarded Honorary FRCS by Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (UK) 2011
* Awarded Honorary FCSS by College of Surgeons of Sri Lanka (August 2012)
* Awarded Honorary FNCASI (2011)